Registry of Corporate Affairs

Can the owners of disabled bearer shares in a grandfathered bearer share company submit them to the company and request their exchange for registered shares?

The option of converting or exchanging an existing bearer share of a grandfathered bearer share company to a registered share expired on the transition date. After the transition date the existing bearer shares became disabled and the rights attaching to them were extinguished. In the circumstances, a disabled bearer share may not be exchanged for or converted to a registered share. 

Contact Information

British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission

Pasea Estate
P.O. Box 418
Road Town, Tortola, VG 1110
British Virgin Islands

Tel: 284-494-1324 or 284-494-4190 GMT – 4:00
Fax: 284-494-5016
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30a.m. - 4:30p.m.